The Internet is a vital part of our work environment today. If your Internet access stops working, do not panic. In the case of such an emergency, follow these steps:
- Determine if your Internet access is through wi-fi or an ethernet cable.
- Check to see if the cable is plugged in.
- Check to see if the wi-fi on you computer is enabled. Sometimes there is a switch that may have been accidentally turned off.
- Sometimes a network or router may go down, thus inhibiting your access to the Internet.
- Check with your IT department to see if they can determine if that is the case.
- If you have followed all of these steps and there is still no Internet, notify all of your co-workers in the area of the emergency.
- Exit the building in an orderly fashion.
- Bring any mobile devices you may have.
- Seek an area safely away for the affected building.
- Determine if wi-fi is available to your mobile device.
- Continue computing to the extent possible on the mobile device.
- DO NOT return to the affected building until the problem has been resolved.
Remember that these procedures are only intended for FUN. Do not take them seriously.
–A messeage from the Internet Emergency Preparedness Team